Saturday, May 1, 2010

Flamin' Hot!

Flamin' Hot Cheetos...one of the greatest innovations of our time.
I was doing a little research today and found out that Flamin' Hot Cheetos are sooooo good, that in a few schools they are banned because kids were addicted to them.  I on the other hand am not addicted, but definitely obsessed. 


One of my favorite snacks would definitely have to be these savory red just enough spice to make you go ahh delights.  These little guys are soo good that Amazon.com gives them 5 out of 5 stars.  Lemme tell yaaa, these guys are ambrosia with a cold glass of milk.  I think I'm allergic to milk though so its been a while since I have been able to enjoy them like that.

Flamin' Hot Cheetos first came out in the US back in 1998.  Then in 2005 they released Flamin' Hot Cheetos con Limon.  As of right now, I alternate from regular to con Limon...I still haven't decided which I enjoy more.



This weekend I went on a new food testing endeavor...

These are the new Cheetos - Wild Habenero.  They have a little darker appearance than the regular coloring of cheetos.

I noticed that although the habenero pepper is supaaaa hot, these were not nearly as hot as the flamin' hot cheetos.  I really enjoyed my first bite and noticed that they progressively got hotter as I continued to eat them.  They were definitely not too hot to handle though.

They were a little cheesier for me, but you could definitely taste the habenero chiles and tangy lime.

I highly recommend these to any cheeto lover or those that are fans of peppers and spicy snacks.

4 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

Whenever you come home, I know I must have flaming hot cheetos on hand!

margo said...

I am an absolute Cheetos fan (ya know..eat w/ 2 fingers only and build up the cheese coating on the fingers such that you can scrape it off w/you teeth...mmm). But I must say that I've never tried the Flamin' Hot. I'll have to venture out.

D said...

You are my new source for reviews on food that I'll not find reviewed elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers
My site - ridiculously photogenic guy