Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cooking With Stewart Peterson

First off, apologies for lack of blog updating.  It has been a busy time and I actually have lots to blog about so holla.

In case it has been difficult to determine or you are just very incompetent hah, I enjoy food...a lot.  Recently we moved into a new house (blog post coming...) and I have some new roommates. Mr. Stewart Peterson is one of them and for the past month I have heard the mentions of a turkey steak creation that he enjoyed.  I was very intrigued, especially because this was coming from a Brigham City native and someone who grew up only a minute away from the famous Maddox Ranch House.  To my luck, last night I was able to witness this creation first hand and even get a few taste tests.

The cook himself, Stewart Peterson
You might ask, what does this unnamed and mysterious creation by Stewart Peterson contain...

It's simple:
  • One frozen Maddox turkey stake.  (available at Northern Utah grocery stores)
  • One egg, preferably fresh
  • A handful of cheddar jack shredded cheese
Here are two videos with Chef Stew explaining how this Northern Utah Peterson Classic goes down:




I was very impressed with Chef Stew's creation, and my mouth was definitely salivating as he prepared the meal.  It was a struggle to do this interview because I was gettin da munchies.



The decadent turkey steak stew creation.
Taste test!!!!!!


...and it gets two fingers up!!
I know many of my critics have criticized me for my lack of healthy eating.  I am working on it and this meal definitely doesn't fall under the healthiest of snacks, but it was enjoyable and should be consumed sparingly to avoid obesity.  


Expect more posts about Chef Stew in the future...haha.

Chow.

5 comments:

Kage said...

You need the fatsecret app. you will learn a lot about your output vs. intake. And trust me, you will be wanting this when you hit 30....

Kevin Erik White said...

steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lisa and Doug said...

Oh how I love Maddox turkey steak!

Linz said...

I like the paint in your kitchen. And I like your blog!

Gwen Gates said...

"Jennika kind of turned it up, so it kind of burned." Hahaha, I love this. You should feature Cooking with Stew more often!