Wednesday, May 5, 2010

End of Fall Semester?

I'm done with school.  I finished my finals yesterday (Monday), but it feels like I am supposed to be going home for Christmas because of the way the weather has been lately.


I'll be staying in Logan this summer so even though school just got out, I won't be leavin for home. There are a few things from this semester that might be missed:

Creative Arts featuring thee Michael Ballam.
There are many ways to describe this class...it was probably the strangest class I have ever taken.  Michael Ballam is the theatre and drama.  Class pretty much consisted of him walking around on stage in a suit, spurting out random facts and life stories and then occasionally sitting down to belt out and play a tune on the piano.  Tuesdays and Thursday at 9:00 - 10:15 am were his show and we were his audience as we sat in the large auditorium.

Here are some videos of him singing some broadway songs in the middle of class haha...

...and another video...sorry for the poor video angle...what's important is that you can hear him hahaha.


I might also miss my english class and peer reviewing....

mmmmmm...naw....this ^ was a video of someone reading there paper which seemed to last forever and I couldn't even hear what they are saying...
I did enjoy the class though.  Shannan Ballam was a GREAT teacher, I just won't miss the peer reviewing that we did almost every week.

And then there was my least favorite class that I have ever taken. I couldn't remember much from my previous economics class that I took freshmen year, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have even helped.  I had my far the worst teacher ever in my life, so bad he received straight up 1's on Ratemyprofessors.com.  He expected everyone to fail the tests and told us that in order to do well on the tests we had to avoid all the "gobbily gook" that he added to them to make each question nearly impossible to understand.  At one point a student asked him, "I didn't understand this question on the exam", and he responded, "Hmmmmm well me either and I was the one that wrote it!".  Crazzzzy. The class was funny though...I've never seen a teacher get so nervous when he didn't know what he was talking about, and this dude seriously took the biggest swigs of water out of his water bottle...well at least from his facial expressions it looked like someone was emptying a fish bowl into his mouth, but when he would put the water bottle down, there was maybe a thimble full of water drunk.  hahaha, It's kind of something I would have to demonstrate in person but it definitely kept us all entertained during class.

Hahaha I was able to snatch this picture of him as he was passing out the final and I took this video a while back as well...


Interesting stuff right? ;)

Despite some of the negativity I may have shown so far in this post, it was a great semester haha.  I really enjoyed my Business Law Class, my institute teacher was tight, and MIS was pretty fun too.  Plus there were numerous things I did with family and friends that made this one of my best semesters yet.

HAPPY SUMMER!!! 

6 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

Sam,
I loved this post! I don't know how you didn't laugh at Michael Ballam strutting his broadway every day! That is hilarious! I'm glad you have had a good semester. I will miss not having you home this summer but at least you are not in the DR! Love you!

Unknown said...

SUMMER!!!!

margo said...

Sam, What a nice little "broadway" break from your real studies....very funny! So Sam are you going to be still going to school or working or what this summer?

Linz said...

ha ha ha ha!!! Congrats on another semester down!

SamyoD said...

I am not going to study this summer. I am going to take a break from that and from tomorrow and on I am going to be looking for a summer job! I have a few possibilities and ideas in my head right now but I might contact the Tyler Shurtleff is he still has that business down here in Logan.

CocoShirley said...

i love michael ballam
http://www.slycomics.com/.a/6a00e551db674c8833010534e747b6970c-500wi