Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Double Down

I love food. Every time I walk into Chipotle, Pavlov's Dogs theory comes into play and my mouth begins to water. One of my favorite shows right now is Man V. Food cause he makes food seem soooo good and uses the word succulent to describe at least one dish every episode. There is really only one food that I don't thoroughly enjoy when I am eating and that is carrots, but even those I can bare.

For my love of food, I decided that my next endeavor would be to try the new Double Down from KFC...I'm sure you have probably seen the commercial but if you haven't it is posted below.  The double down is a one-of-a-kind sandwich which features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets, two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of monterey jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's sauce.

After seeing the commercial, I wasn't quite sure how I felt, but I decided to be excited about the new sandwich at KFC.  So this past Saturday I decided to go give it a little taste test and ditch the bun.



The Double Down Nutritional Facts
Calories: 590









Calories from fat: 280
Total fat: 31g
Saturated fat: 10g
Trans fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 190mg
This sandwich is actually healthier than many sandwiches at fast food restaurants.


This is what it looked like in my hands. haha
It was made fresh and my first bite was very hot, temperature wise..juices flowed out but I kind of think that it was grease.  

This is after about two bites.  Colonel's sauce definitely added some flavor and the cheese was beginning to melt around here.   I was definitely enjoying it. 



Kevin on the other hand was indifferent after a few bites.



Jennika, Stew, and Courtney were not daring enough to take on the double down but enjoyed their 'famous bowls' and biscuits.
I admit, I enjoyed my double down experience while eating it, but upon taking my final bites, I began to experience heartburn for the first time in my life. I highly recommend this sandwich to those who absolutely love chicken and hate bread.  I would love to eat another double down in the future, but priced at $2.99 for the sandwich and $6.99 for the combo, I'll stick with the Hot N' Spicy Chicken at McDonalds.  I could always just take away the bun and put two on top of each other anyways...McDonald's will release that sandwich at the beginning of May...

All of you chicken rights activists and haters, back off and go eat a boca burger. 

6 comments:

CocoShirley said...

Im going to tell all of my friends that love chicken and hate bread.

on the plus side - the 99cents for 2 biscuits is still a great choice for us bread lovers out there

Lisa and Doug said...

I love going out to lunch with you!

D said...

I used to be a chicken rights activist --- right up until I read this post.

I am definitely trying this out.

margo said...

mmmmm....I wanna go to lunch with you!

shelby mae said...

ewe. hahah i will stick to the famous bowl. Sam. Force Jennika to be an internet junkie and hold her hostage until she creates a blog and a twitter account please. thank you. haha!

Linz said...

ha ha. This cracks me up because several times in my life you have asked me what heartburn feels like because you have never experienced it!