Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some Thanks Are In Order - Part 1

The last week or so has been pretty hectic with finishing finals, packing and moving, my birthday, and my long list of to-do's that I have had and am still finishing.  I was planning on posting something on Mother's Day but since I am homeless until Friday, it was very difficult to get an internet connection.  I really have some special thanks in order though and the first one is for mi madre!!!





I wanted to do something special for my Mom this mother's day. In an nutshell, I kind of failed!  I kept thinking to myself how Mom never fails any of us.  She never forgets anything about us and lemme tell ya, she is one busy lady!  I don't know how she does it!  Although I am completely biased, I definitely have thee best Mom and none of the other ones I have met really compare haha.  I attribute any positive and good traits that I have to her.  (Dad your shout-out is in August hah...)  But really, my Mom has taught me so many things.  It's also amazing how wherever you are, whether near or far, you can feel a Mom's love and care.  She definitely helped me while I was serving in the Dominican Republic.  I not only got one letter but two letters from her EVERY week!  Like I said, she NEVER fails. I can always feel her love and support, even if it's through a short little text message.

My Mom ROCKS! ...and might I say she is a bit hip!  She is fun and funny.  She is creative and a great cook (has anyone else been woken up in the morning to a decadent sandwich and pop????).  She's athletic and has run a marathon.  Has your Mom done that?  She even has her own musical group...well it's not exactly only hers but she has been in it the longest and is a founder!! I could go on forever on why my mom is da bomb but you probably already know these things since she has done something good for you already in your life.

Whenever we come home from even the littlest trip, we have a sign welcoming us home.  Of course Mom did it big for one of the longest trips away from home!!

Definitely a top 10 moment in my life!

Love you Mom!




3 comments:

Kevin Erik White said...

Mom's are ballin and yours is pretty tight...i'll give ya that...haha

Lisa and Doug said...

Well, this was an unexpected surprise this morning! I am just sitting here in front of my computer with tears rolling down my face. Thank you so much. I love being your Mom! Love you, Sam.

Linz said...

Awwwwwwwwww....