Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Big D!"

As of late, I am behind on my blog posting, and a little behind on this tribute, but I wanted to post a few things about my Dad despite already celebrating Father's Day.


If I had a top 10 list of pictures of Dad, this would definitely be in it.  I already posted earlier on my blog that I have the best Mom ever, and the same really goes with my Dad.  I don't know I did to get blessed with such great parents, but they are the bomb!  Dad is one of the greatest examples to me.  His letters while I was serving my mission always seemed inspired.  He always knew what I needed to hear and I loved marking the scriptures he sent me while I was out serving.   Despite being one of the most obedient people I have ever met (we even thought he was one of the three Nephites for a while / we still do) as you can see from the picture, he is goofy and fun!



Dad and I have great memories.  We have had some great Father and son campouts and camputs with scouts.  One time we went to a Cub's game and afterwards he decided it was a good idea to take a shortcut through a sketchy dark alley hahaha I think I was like 12 and being scared out of my mind but I felt safe as well because I was with Dad.  We've done fun things such as model rockets, biking, lego robotics, cleaning up dead mice.

Everyone loves Dad!  Of course our family does, but even my friends think Dad is a tight dude!!...and he is!  I have always been amazed at Dad's ability to work hard, fulfill his callings, enjoy life (through exercise and funny diets), and still have the time to show his great love for us.  He is one of a kind, and I hope that some day I can be a Dad like him.

Dad, you're the best! Thanks for always supporting me and having interest in my life and wellbeing. Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

4 comments:

CocoShirley said...

he is the most inspiring person in my life. definitely.

my favorite picture EVER is that one with the tree hahah I seriously laugh out loud every time I see it. Dad and his tree hahaha

Lisa and Doug said...

Ah, I love Big D!

Kage said...

yup, tight dude sums it all up.

DTA said...

Ahh Shucks Sam. Thank you so much. The feeling is mutual. You are the best son a Dad would ever want to have. Thanks for the great memories, and making Father's Day Week the best yet.