Friday, July 16, 2010

Inception

Last night, a group of us went to see the midnight showing up the new movie, "Inception". 

I had BIG expectations because first off the movie is directed by Christopher Nolan who I thought did a great job with, "The Dark Knight", and I also enjoyed, "The Prestige".  I also really just thought that the trailer seemed cool and who wouldn't want to see a movie with "Alfred" from Batman aka Michael Caine.




I started to get nervous though because the movie was being advertised so much!! I feel like most of the time when movies are heavily advertised, it's usually because they aren't that great.  A good movie can usually advertise for itself because people begin talking about it and then tell their friends about it and then they go see it too.

I'm no Roger Ebert and I don't have some elaborate review of the film, but I have to say is that I was not disappointed.  I was expecting a complex plot, so I brought lots of brain food to eat while watching, but within the first five minutes I was kinda hoping it would have been a little easier to understand like Toy Story or something, I mean I was completely lost, but a few minutes later, I was able to settle in. I thoroughly enjoyed nearly every part of this movie.  The very ending made the whole crowd groan because we wanted more!  I don't want to give anything away, but this was a sweet film for sure.  I walked out feelin a little sketchy and trippy cause it was making me think a lot, but I also blame that on my lack of studies due to summer break ;).  

2 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

So here's the question: would Big D like it??

margo said...

I'm anxious to see it. Nice review Sam!